Riley, Kristen & Julia

Riley, Kristen & Julia

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CAMPING!! (August 26-27)

Finally catching up with this one back from August

If someone was to ask me what is your favorite thing to do on the weekend,  I would never in a million years say camping.  It's not really my thing especially with a one year old in tow.  But I actually had a great time camping at Caspers Wilderness Park in San Juan Capistrano with the McBeths - Brandon, Melanie, and Ty (1yr).  The whole trip was really just a ploy by the men to buy their tents and have Woofums, but I guess it had to happen sooner or later and I am glad it did with the perfect warm temperature at night and the babies were surprisingly happy.  We had Hot Dogs, Veggies, Smores, and Woofums for night time.  No I had no idea what a Woofum was.  But Brandon and Riley were so excited about them, I think they might enjoy them more than Christmas morning itself.  They were very good, but I think I am still a S'more girl, hersheys will always have my heart.

In the morning, Melanie made these delicious cinnamon rolls that we all loved.  Then we went for a hike at the park and saw some pretty neat views.  It was fun minus the fact that it was practically 100 degrees at 10:00 in the morning.  I am glad we didn't go hiking later when it could have been hotter.  Overall, it was an awesome adventure of a trip!

Alright, picture overload....

Brandon and Ty cooking some Hot Dogs

Ty happy in his chair

Some of our campsite
Brandon with a Woofum
Riley is beyond excited to cook up a Woofum
Brandon so happy to eat his Woofum

Kristen trying her first Woofum
Kristen and Julia by the Campfire
Melanie cooking a Smore
Kristen and Julia hanging by the campfire
Riley eating his Woofum - so excited!!

Riley so satisfied with his Woofum
Julia + Kristen + Woofum
Ty is asking Julia "Where's your teeth?"
Around the Campfire
Melanie and Ty
Julia in her chair for outside
Our Hiking Group

Our Hiking Group

Riley Kristen + Julia Hiking, such pretty views
Ty and Julia both fell asleep during the hike, so cute

Ty Brandon Melanie

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of a woofum before either, but now I really want to try one!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete